Saturday, July 10, 2010

Working out is hard to do....

When I wrote that title I was thinking about that Neil Sedaka song "Breaking up is hard to do". But seriously, it really is. The worst part is the lack of instant results. I am so prone to seeing the results of my hard work immediately that I am disappointed when I still see the "spare tire" resting around my waist.

I started doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and it is not a joke and not for those of you who do not want to push yourselves. She will kick your ass. At least I think it's hard but then again, I am out of shape! It's has three different intensity levels and at this point I cannot ever imagine making it to level three! It is a twenty minute long workout consisting of 3 cycles. 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. I know it sounds easy but it is not! It's circuit training which means you don't stop. You go for a solid twenty minutes (if you can). I did the workouts and Monday and Tuesday and then again today. I couldn't on Wednesday and Thursday because I was sick. Friday I was just lazy. But I got myself re-motivated today and was pleased to see that the workout was already a bit easier than the first time I did it. I almost made it the entire way through without taking a minute to catch my breath!

On top of that I am eating better. Cutting out processed foods and sticking to basic healthy choices. Also, I am slowly fazing out dairy. Starting with milk. I mean seriously, what other species do you know that A. drinks milk into adulthood and B. drinks the milk of another species?! It just doesn't make sense when you think about.

Hopefully, I can get my body toned again. That would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment