Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ten things about me.....


So Jessie mentioned me in one of her blogs and I am supposed to write ten things about myself. So here goes.....

1. I think about my Mom every single day. If I am not having a dream about her where she is still alive, then I am just consumed with all the "what if's". I miss her so much and even the littlest thing can trigger a memory of her. It's bittersweet thing, sometimes I enjoy the memory and other times it make me intensely sad.

2. I love listening to audiobooks. I listen to and from work and it fills the time perfectly. The narrators are always so good at bringing the story to life. I do love to read, but I am often so busy that it is hard. So audiobooks help me with that.

3. I am currently trying to change my diet and exercise habits. I went running last night. GROSS! It is hard but the older I get the more jiggly I get in weird places! I also stopped drinking milk and eating tons of other delicious foods that I love:/ If I do not make an effort now then I will be old and saggy in no time!

4. I shave pretty much all the hair on my body. Sorry if that is too graphic;) I just really hate hair. It does not feel feminine to me. And yes, this includes my arm hair!

5. I really think about having another baby. But it is just not the right time for us. Financially, career wise, etc. I do not want to wait too long but at the same time if we tried right now it would be a disaster! I would probably be a terrible mother because I would be so stressed about money!

6. I brush my teeth in the shower. I know it is weird but I prefer it. I can be as messy as I want and I feel like the spray from the showerhead helps get the crap off:)

7. I just got into watching "Deadliest Catch" with my husband this season and now my favorite captain (the Cornelia Marie's captain) has died! I watched the episode with his death the other day and it was heartbreaking. I think I am now done watching it:/

8. I was in a coma for one week when I was a child. I had terrible asthma for most of my childhood and spend a lot of time in the hospital. At one point, I was so ill that the doctors suggested that they put me into a coma (not knowing if/when I would come out of it) so that my body could really focus on healing itself. When I awoke, I had to learn to walk, skip, run and many other basic things all over again.

9. I still accidentally swear in front of my child. I know it is terrible and I am making a big effort to correct it but it is hard. I do not want my child using those words so I cannot either. But when some guy cuts me off on the highway a string of expletives just falls out of my mouth!

10. I have trouble going into a store (Target, Wal-mart, etc.) and not buying a toy for Will. Even if it's something small, I just want him to have every cool thing I find. The problem is I do not have the money and I do not want a spoiled, bratty child! Another thing I need to curb... quickly!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea...watch the swearing thing. Ben's favorite word for the past two weeks is "shit." It is so awful. Once in a while I've heard "fuck." Seriously! So bad! I keep saying, "Shoot!" to correct him and it seems to be working but he will say it at the oddest times. OH. MY. GOSH. I. SUCK.

    ReplyDelete