Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here it is!

Here is my first blog! It feels so monumental! So I don't know much about blogging. I'm not really sure there is much to know... it pretty much doesn't matter because I only know two other people who blog so I won't have a big "audience".
Today I realized that my belly is actually getting noticeably bigger. Along with that my ass has started to widen, my thighs may be growing and let's not forget about the hips. I suppose you could say I am gaining a "motherly figure" but I feel that just means I'm gonna look like one of those women wearing the 1980's "mom jeans". It's totally strange. As a woman (and maybe guys feel this way to some degree, but I obviously only have this one reference point), I have been taught that I should be thin and pretty. You worry all the time about how you look in your clothes then when you get pregnant you are somehow supposed to turn those feelings off and be comfortable with how you body is ever changing. If I'm the only one who feels this way that's ok... but I'm not excited about my ass getting bigger and my thighs looking fatter everyday. If I'm vain then fine. It's just how I feel. I am completely aware that I'm am getting something incredible at the end of this journey, and it's totally worth it. But that doesn't mean I can't dislike some things along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Honey - I was right there with ya. And you are absolutely right about everything you wrote. You just can't deny those mixed feelings and there is nothing wrong with them. It is all a part of the process of this huge change in your life.
    Besides, you look fabulous! Hel-lo?! You are the pregnant gal all other pregnant gals are drooling in envy over - eat it up! :)

    ReplyDelete